23064 East Main Street Armada, MI 48005
Armada Foot and Ankle Clinic
medical and surgical treatment of the foot
Dr. Gretta Shara has been in practice since 1996. She graduated, in 1993, from the Dr. William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine and Science. Dr. Shara served as Podiatric Medical and Surgical resident at Fort Wayne and Marion VA hospitals in Indiana and followed by a position as Chief Podiatric Surgical resident at Liberty & Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Additional training conducted at John Hopkins, University of Maryland, University of Chicago, and Cook County in Chicago.
Dr. Shara's undergraduate training was received from Loyola University of Chicago. After which, she continued her graduate research and studies at Wayne State University School of Medicine and later at Northwestern University School of Medicine.
- Earl Kaplan award for Academic Clinical Excellence - American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Research Grant for Diabetic Foot Ulceration - Orthowedge
- Fellowship - Wayne State University School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry
- Research Grant - Northwestern University School of Medicine, Department of Microbiology
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Michigan Podiatric Medical Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association of Diabetic Educations
- Assistant Instructor - Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Lecturer - various educational platforms
Dr. Shara sums up her philosophy of patient care in two major points:
1. treat patients as a family member. The
question I ask myself, "Would I use this method of treatment on my mother, father,brother... ?"
2. educate patients about medical foot
health so that patients can become
involved in their own Podiatric Medical