Foot Care For Seniors
Experts say that problems with our feet can be the first sign of more serious medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, and nerve and circulatory disorders.
Here are some foot care tips for older people:
- Practice good foot care. Check your feet regularly, or have a member of your family check them.
- It also helps to keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. Do this by putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you`ve had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath.
- Avoid pressure from shoes that do not fit right.
- Avoid exposing your feet to cold temperatures.
- Try not to sit for long periods of time (especially with your legs crossed).
- Do not smoke because smoking decreases blood supply and increases the chance of swelling and other circulatory problems.
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit well. This can prevent many foot problems.
23064 East Main St.
Armada, MI 48005
51850 Dequindre Rd
Shelby Twp., MI 48316
Armada Foot and Ankle Clinic
medical and surgical treatment of the foot